Friday 28 October 2011

Shabu Shabu (Kurobuta Pork Collar) -- Shabu No Koya

Shabu-Shabu Time folks! Shabu-Shabu being one of the most iconic Japanese cuisine, has come knocking at the doors of many countries worldwide, even more so in Singapore, where Japanese food is widely accepted in our home country.

So together with my pal RZ today, we came to this Japanese hideout located in Liang Court Basement Level. The tables are wide and nicely spaced out. Ambience was pretty good with the accompanying Japanese music in the background, which gave us a comfortable feeling while seated inside.


Photobucket
Guide To Shabu-Shabu-ing ~

Steps:
1. After the broth has boiled, pace yourself by putting in the vegetables given (carrots, cabbage, mushrooms, enoki mushrooms etc)

2. Hook up a slice of the thinly sliced pork/beef and make a swirling motion with the broth barely covering the piece (12-15 seconds)

3. Dip into the fresh egg followed by their in-house special ponzu sauce

4. Send them into your saliva-filled mouth

5. Enjoy!


Photobucket

Photobucket
Their in-house special ponzu sauce was a mix of sour-y and slightly salty, with a hinge of sweetness embedded. With such combination, it must have been a great pair up with the meat. Indeed it did not fail me, hit the sweet spot for me but careful not to over dip!

Photobucket
Our Pork Bone Stock Base (+ $3)
Kaminabe Paper absorbs impurities from the meat, from the attentive waiter who served us.

Weirdly, the broth didn't turn out to be as flavourful and aromatic like it should have been when I went to Tampopo (Japanese Restaurant). For $3 and constant refill with no charges, what more can I be ask for? Right?

Photobucket

Photobucket
Thinly sliced Kurobuta Pork -- Main lead of the Day ~~
Look at how evenly and nicely distributed the mappings are, not considering the higher end and more expensive variants! Kurobuta Pork comes from the Black Berkshire, one of the world's highest quality breed of pork. Matching this in terms of closest rivalry would be.. *Roll drums...* still Berkshire pork himself! Definitely mouth tantalising, oh-how-I-wish they are all in my mouth savouring away! Okay its time to stop myself from describing, photos on!


Photobucket
*Worrhhh!* Careful of that piece! All leftovers inside the pot are being cleared out by us two just so that we can fully succumbed to the taste of the pork


Photobucket
Sorry that I loved you.. Sorry that I needed you.. Sorry that I ate you now

Photobucket
Yeah, that's my friend there! " It's my turn now! Roarr! "

Photobucket

Photobucket

Really nice place to be at and I would recommend my friends to come along, for a gathering, a simple meal, or a talk-cock eat-long-long session! Though the price could add up to be a tad on the expensive side, but if you are thinking right now and this is gonna be your first time, why not?


177 River Valley Road
Liang Court B1-03/05
Singapore 179030

Tel: 63377856

No comments:

Post a Comment