Thursday 27 October 2011

Friends @ Jelita -- Holland Village

Saturday evening with the night falling upon, I have decided to make my way down to our friendly neighbourhood since I am at Clementi, which is pretty nearby Holland Village (Note the difference: This is along Holland Village Road)

Friends@Jelita is visibly seen from the main road and its just one level above Cold Storage.



Tempura Soft Shell Crab Salad
Tempura Soft Shell Crab
First up, Tempura Soft Shell Crab was presented to us. Well.. this gave me the first impression that it should be pretty palatable. Indeed it turned out decent, just that it might be a little too oily for the health conscious to begin with.
Deep Fried stuff who wouldn't like, right?


Smoked Salmon salad
Japanese Konbu Smoked Salmon Carpaccio
Konbu is often known as "seaweed" and you can find them in stock base, giving a very nice texture when you bite into it. Over here, I can't seem to find any of them (busy searching through the wild salad). Disappointed feeling aside, the salmon was thinly sliced and it made up a good complement to the salad, though I would have wished there are more salmon slices. Greedy me :)


Chef’s Soup of the Day
Soup of the Day
Soup of the Day? This is one tough nut to crack, I mean.. I squeezed my brain juice and still couldn't figure out what kind of soup this was supposed to be! Cream of mushroom? But no mushroom bits. Cream of broccoli? Nope. Cream of Chicken? Likely.. But why is the soup so watery and lack of taste?


Tuna Steak
Pan Seared Tuna Steak
The meat was tough and require some strength to separate into mouth-sized pieces. Being advised by the waitress who had served us beforehand that she recommends having the tuna medium raw, I went ahead accepting her suggestions happily. It turned out otherwise, but I am still on the happier side that I have had my virgin try on the tuna steak instead of only those tuna sashimi where you can find in almost any japanese restaurants


Grilled Pork Steak
Grilled Pork Steak
Notice the thickness of the steak? Yes, a surprisingly common dish (except that steak is usually referred/associated to beef) but left the deepest impression for me before stepping out of the place. Well grilled and the meat was tender and flavourful. You can see the juices sipping out from the meat as you knifed it, sounds great ya? Ohhh by the way, I love the carrot cuts they have there, very sweet and crunchy. Best item presented to me, beats the rest of the dishes here flat


Photobucket
Dessert and our hot tea

Friends @ Jelita
Just a comment, they do consider the time of serving the next upcoming dish, and they don't rush you into finishing and clearing plates like they are going off-duty anytime soon. Points added!


Friends Restaurant @ Jelita
Cold Storage Jelita Building
293 Holland Road Level 2
Singapore 278628
(private parking available)


http://www.friendsfoodandwine.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment